6 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- 1From this year, participants are allowed to get to the start area only from specified entry gates. Check the details of nearest stations and recommended routes for each entry gate beforehand at the following link. http://www.tokyo42195.org/2015/guard/
- 2Tokyo Marathon attracts 36,000 runners, it is definitely a very popular race. It may take 15 to 20 minutes for the rearmost runners to cross the official start line. Be prepared to keep yourself warm while waiting. The waiting time can be the best time to do stretches and prepare yourself mentally.
- 3From this year, participants are NOT allowed to bring their own water bottle. Instead, water points are provided every 2 to 3 km. At 22, 27, 32 and 38 km points, there is food as well.
- 4From the 35 km point onwards, there is a steep, upward slope and chilly bridges around Tokyo Bay. It is the last, but the most difficult part of the race. Control and retain your energy in the beginning to get through the toughest phase and finish the race.
- 5From 19th Feb. to 21st Feb., Tokyo Marathon EXPO 2015 is held near the Finish. Check around and locate the nearest train station when you are coming to receive your number card.
- 6Winter in Tokyo is generally sunny but a sudden gust of wind can be freezing and you may need to be attentive especially on top of bridges around Tokyo Bay in the last phase of the race.
1Not here yet!
Sorry for the inconvenience.