6 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- 1Gold Coast is renowned for its sunny beaches, but remember that July is wintertime in Australia. Temperatures can get as low as 15C, so prepare accordingly.
- 2The race gets underway at an early 7:20 a.m. You should be up several hours ahead of that. Try to get breakfast down at least three hours before the starting gun.
- 3Pacemakers are available for times all the way up to 4:30. Following one is a good way to establish a steady pace in the early going.
- 4The Gold Coast Airport Marathon’s course is regarded as “the fastest and flattest in Australia” as it follows the Pacific Ocean coastline most of the way.
- 5You’ll be able to rehydrate at water stations located every 2km. Endura sports drink is available every 5km.
- 6The Gold Coast Airport Marathon carries the IAAF Road Race Gold Label, meaning it meets the highest standards of the International Association of Athletics Federations.
1Not here yet!
Sorry for the inconvenience.